Saturday, October 23, 2010

10/23/2010

Today was the kind of day where just seeing the date written on my phone was hard. But once again, it could have been much worse. All day, my heart has kind of ached. It wasn't an intense pain, but more of a hurt of missing the good times. It didn't help that today was also a family event of his that I would have liked to go to :p. But overall, it wasn't a bad day. And that is completely a God thing. I shed a few tears here and there, but I also had some great time learning from God's Word. I think what today really showed me is that I really need to trust that all things work together for good to those who love God (Romans 8:28....totally paraphrased). I know that today especially was tough with trying to control my thoughts. I'd be super upset because I wanted to be somewhere else, then tried to counter it my being really hopeful about the future but what God is showing me is to be content NOW. I know God will work out the future. I know what happened in the past was for a purpose. Whether what I want to happen in the future will happen isn't important. What is important is that I trust God to be God and not to rely on myself.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment