Sunday, February 21, 2010

41/365


I got flowers last week and I wanted to post a picture before they got all nasty, but instead of just posting a plain picture, I thought I'd have some fun with it. So - I'm holding the rose petals in my hand :). I also wanted to share this with you:


"We complain that God does not make himself present to us for the few minutes we reserve for him, but what about the twenty-three and a half hours during which God may be knocking at our door and we answer, "I am busy. I am sorry." Or when we do not answer at all because we do not even hear the knock at the door of our heart, of our mind, of our conscience, of our life. So there is a situation in which we have no right to complain of the absence of God, because we are a great deal more absent than He ever is," - Anthony Bloom

I was reading this a.m. and it really struck me. I know I'm guilty of it, and I need to work on focusing on God with constant communication. Not just when it's convenient for me. Hopefully it gets you thinking! :)

3 comments: